These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate The Daily Wire Right Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that align with the conservative right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to several failed fact checks.
Factual Reporting: MIXED
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 48/180
The Daily Wire is a politically conservative American news and opinion website founded in 2015 by conservative political commentator Ben Shapiro, who currently serves as Editor-in-Chief. Michael Knowles is managing editor, and Jeremy Boreing is Chief Operating Officer.
Funded by / Ownership
The Daily Wire is owned by Forward Publishing LLC. Forward Publishing is owned and managed by the billionaire Wilks Bothers who made their money through the fossil fuel industry with their company Frac Tech. The Wilks brothers are also a part of the extreme Christian right who interpret the bible literally. The website is funded through a subscription and advertising model.
Analysis / Bias
The Daily Wire presents news with a right wing bias in reporting and wording. For example headlines are usually sensational and utilize strong emotional language such as this: Democrats Boo God. Then They Quote The Bible To Attack Trump. Virtually every story favors the right and denigrates the left. However, the Daily Wire does not always report favorably on President Trump and his policies. When it comes to science they often do not align with the consensus of climate scientists that humans are a significant factor in climate change. See fact checks below.
The Daily Wire has also published false information such as these:
Further, the founder and editor-in-chief, Ben Shapiro, has made a false claim as well.
Overall, we rate The Daily Wire Right Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that align with the conservative right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to several failed fact checks. (9/2/2016) Updated (D. Van Zandt 11/28/2019)
- How do job portals earn money
- Which is the upcoming big budget movie
- What does jet fuel look like
- Is it weird to like girly boys
- Has Monsanto targeted journalists and critics
- How can I close my Facebook account
- Why do children leave their parents
- How should I start a kurti business
- Give some examples for right to freedom
- What does soundness of mind mean
- How is the plural formed in Swedish
- Why is my cat limb swollen
- Was Michael Jackson a Christian
- How can I make a husband happy
- What electronics trends do you hate
- Do Polish people hate Asians and Blacks